I live in Seattle and in the wilds of the imagination. My work has appeared in Grievous Angel, Every Day Fiction, and other publications. I am a graduate of Goddard College Masters of Fine Arts in Creative Writing. In my “other life,” I have a Ph.D. in Engineering. For fun, I like to work on mathematical puzzles and play jazz piano.
Please feel free to check out my downloadable e-books of flash fiction! Click here.
What do I write?
Stories! Science fiction that takes the imagination for a ride. Urban fantasy that crosses everyday life with magical events or occurrences. New twists on old fairy tales. And a smattering of realistic fiction that explores changing relationships or quirky characters.
When I write I like to explore all kinds of settings, all kinds of situations, all kinds of characters. Some posts you may enjoy:
- binge watch: what happens when the mom is more tech-savvy than the partier?
- it was just a lost coin: Abby wishes on a mysterious ten-pence coin
- fishing greens: it’s the feeling of going fishing
Some of my favorite writers are . . .
- Ray Bradbury – The Martian Chronicles – imagery and imagination in well-grounded prose
- Anne Tyler – Breathing Lessons – family relationships coming apart
- Robert Heinlein – Citizen of the Galaxy – master storyteller
These are my Lab Notes – short fiction creations, poetry sketches, and brief essays that sprout from imagination and hope to reach the ears of a reader. I am delighted that you are here!