Inspiration – Cinderella
“On the night of the grand ball/she in white, the prince in blue and gold/floating two inches above the floor/while her sisters, breathing their oatmeal breath/watch through keyhole eyes/their neck veins throbbing jealous blood.” – John Dickson, “Cinderella”
Anne J. (Anna Jailene Aguilar-Van Der Merwe) and I launched a collaborative project back in January 2017 – a call for bloggers and writers to create their own tale that calls back to the folk tale of Cinderella. Don’t forget! The due date is Tuesday, Feb. 28, 2017, by midnight (your local time).
“Cinderella has been told and re-told in myriad cultures around the world, and we are challenging the blogging/writing community to come up with your own Cinderella-themed tale. As co-curators, Anne and I will be gathering the stories for a potential opportunity to publish an anthology of selected stories.” Click here for more information.
The response so far
We would like to honor the bloggers and writers who have responded to our collaboration project so far by sharing a list of their works. Among the creative and inventive responses so far are modern-day retellings, poetry (including Pantoum and Haiku), and at least one futuristic tale. Here they are!
- Just Deserts and Lights (by miladyronel)
- Cinderella Pamtoum poem part 1 and Cinderella Pantoum poem part 2 (by kiwinana)
- The Tribulations of James the Second (by Liz Kellebrew)
- Cinderella (by creativeworldm blog)
- Drizella, My Story by (Edith Follansbee)
- Inner Cinderella by (Wings of Poetry blog)
- A Kingdom for a Shoe (Sincerely, Sunny blog)
- Twenty-Five Minutes to Twelve (Thoughts of Words blog)
- Hilda (Aweni’s blog)
- Driving Miss Cinde (Leaking Ink blog)
- City of Magic and The Perfect Pair (by Anne J)
- Little Rich Girl and Just Another Lost Slipper (by Theresa Barker)
- Ella and the Rock Star (by Sascha Darlington’s Microcosm Explored blog)
- Cinderella and Her Diamond Heels (Mandibelle16)
- Cinderfella (The Muses’ Emporium)
- Cinderella (Priorhouse Blog)
- The Girl From the Ball (LifeTrends)
Don’t forget to include the following pingbacks in your post so that we will know where to find you!
New! We are using the hashtag #cinderellamythmakers, feel free to add this hashtag to your post.