“And then came the ten moons/Full in the sun’s glare . . .” – Sasha Dugdale, “Ten Moons”
Today I’m trying an experiment, suggested by a challenge posed by the Daily Prompt: Just for fun, I’ve gathered my ten most favorite posts among stories in my blog, listed below. For each story I’ve included a reason why it is among my favorites.
Ten moons, ten short-short pieces of fiction! – not necessarily in order of most- to least-favorite.
Thank you for giving my stories a place in your mind and in your heart. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.
Ten of my Favorite Stories from “Lab Notes” blog
- Ghosted, because I can hear that empty house speak.
- A Leap in the Dark, because we all need to laugh, sometimes, at the success of an unexpected candidate.
- The Comeback Kid, because everyone deserves a second chance.
- Light is a Dancer, because even in the worst of times, we still have light to rely on.
- Found, because this blog post engaged so many readers!
- Ice in Room 218, because we see what this trucker is up to in just 125 words.
- Strike One, because understanding violence does not mean condoning it.
- She is a Black Living Thing, because it speaks of how a black body inhabits the world.
- There are no vacancies in Anguish, because we especially need a little hope right now.
- A change of skin, because, don’t we all want to get out of our own skin every so often?